Register for Application Assistance
Explore the initiatives DMC offers to support the application process. Attend an Information Session, drop in to Office Hours, or apply for a Mentorship Chat.
Register for Application Assistance
Want to learn more about the DMC investment program or strengthen your proposal? Here are the ways DMC offers support during the application process.
September 20, 21, 27 and 28
Attend a one-hour virtual presentation to
- learn about the two investment streams that offer up to $250,000 in funding;
- understand organization and project eligibility;
- find out more about the application process; and
- gain insight into key criteria that can make a difference in the success of an application
Choose the session that focuses on the category of most interest:
Learn about the Community Stories stream where organizations obtain funding of $25,000 and develop an engaging story created with DMC’s website-building platform.
Learn about the Digital Projects stream where organizations obtain funding of up to $250,000 and develop an online project from the ground up in collaboration with a web development agency.
NEW! Office Hours
Ask a DMC Program Officer a specific question about your organization’s proposal *.
A DMC Program Officer will be available for questions during the dates and times below:
- October 18 from 11 a.m. – 12 p.m. EDT
- October 25 from 12 p.m. – 1 p.m. EDT
- November 1 from 1 p.m. – 2 p.m. EDT
- November 8 from 2 p.m. – 3 p.m. EST
- November 15 from 3 p.m. – 4 p.m. EST
* Please note that DMC cannot answer subjective questions about whether your topic, subject or project would receive funding. An independent Advisory Committee selects the projects recommended for investment, so there are some limitations on the questions that can be asked. Read “Making the Most of Your Q&A with DMC” below for more information.
NEW! Mentorship Chats
A one-on-one, 30-minute meeting with a Program Officer to provide tailored help, answer questions, and strengthen your organization’s proposal *.
This initiative is available to organizations applying to DMC for the first time and equity deserving groups as described below.
DMC is committed to advancing equity, diversity, inclusion and accessibility within the sector. We pledge to strengthen access to DMC funding across the country, including access for rural and northern communities. DMC recognizes the unique, rights-based relationship between First Nations, Inuit, Métis and the Government of Canada, and supports the rights of Indigenous Peoples as articulated in the Truth and Reconciliation Commission of Canada’s final report, and in the United Nations Declaration on the Rights of Indigenous Peoples.
Mentorship Chats are limited to organizations applying for the first time, as well as those led by and mandated to support equity deserving groups, defined as: First Nations, Inuit and/or Métis; official language minority communities; people who are Deaf, deafened, or hard of hearing; persons with disabilities; 2SLGBTQI+ and gender-diverse communities; Black communities; racialized communities; or another equity-deserving group or people at the intersections of these groups.
Submit an expression of interest by October 6, 2023. Limited spaces are available. A draw will occur in the event there are more applicants than can be accommodated. Organizations will be notified by October 13, 2023.
* Please note that DMC cannot answer subjective questions about whether your topic, subject or project would receive funding. An independent Advisory Committee selects the projects recommended for investment so there are some limitations on the questions that can be asked. Read “Making the Most of Your Q&A with DMC” below for more information.
Organizations book a 30-minute appointment between October 23 and November 17, 2023.
Requests for Accommodation:
If you need sign language interpretation, please contact DMC at firstname.lastname@example.org at least three weeks in advance. The email should include the date and time you will attend and whether you need ASL or LSQ. Unfortunately, due to a shortage of interpreters, there is a possibility your request may not be accommodated.
Making the Most of Your Q&A with DMC
Here are guidelines to help you prepare your questions and get the most out of the time available:
DMC can answer questions on the following topics:
- DMC program
- Eligibility criteria (to do an official eligibility check you must submit online)
- Application process
- DMC deliverables / phases
- Building a budget (reviewing drafts, providing feedback, missing elements)
- Building a timeline (reviewing drafts, providing feedback, missing elements)
- Building a project team (reviewing drafts, providing feedback, missing elements)
DMC cannot answer questions about:
- Topic choices (e.g., Is this good? Would DMC fund this?)
- Instead — Ask yourself: Is the subject relevant to your organization and your target audience? How do the topic, audience and user experience fit together?
- Our FAQ has more information.
- Target audience selections
- Technology options (e.g., Should I use this technology or this tool for my project?)